- Last Updated on 31 May 2010
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 3581
Resumable Downloader - DownOfTheDead
Sick of trying to download big files over VPN over and over again?
The network you are using is unstable and forces you to restart downloading from time to time?
Windows Explorer refuses to copy very big files?
Then this might be of interest for you:
- Resumable local copy of big files (like big virtual machine images, ...)
- Local network, VPN download of files
- HTTP resumable downloads (if the HTTP server supports it)
- FTP downloads are possible but not resumable
Select a file to download and a destination directory. Then you are done. You can restart with the same settings and the download will resume. It is quite minimalistic but functionality will be added from time to time. Come and visit us again.
- Library with API documentation so you can integrate it into your application
- download DownOfTheDeadLib-1.0.3557.16283.zip [25KB, 2009-09-27]
- Reference the DLL in your project
- Use the API reference or snippets below to create a first implementation
- Standalone application: DownOfTheDead-1.0.0.zip [39KB, 2009-08-31]
Snippets (small example of how it can be used):
DownOfTheDead.FileDownloader downloader = new DownOfTheDead.FileDownloader();
// register events
downloader.ProgressChanged += new
// download into a directory
downloader.Download(sourceUrl, destinationDir, false);
Downloads in progress are also cancelleable with the Cancel() method:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?...
NOTE: If, in the meanwhile, the file you are downloading changed between two resumes, you will end up with a corrupted file. In the future some deeper checks of date times but this has to be tested toroughtly to avoid problems with timezones. A solution involving checksums or hashes only works efficiently if they are stored on the serverside (to compute them you have to download the file!). This will come in a later version.